[The Vermont Poetry Newsletter is not produced by me but by Ron Lewis, by whose permission I post this. PLEASE NOTE: I have edited his newsletter so that links are provided rather than text. Please contact Ron Lewis if you would like to receive his Newsletter in full, have questions concerning its content, or if you have revisions or corrections.]
Vermont Poetry Newsletter
Your Poetry & Spoken Word Gateway
In The Green Mountain State
September 25, 2014 (Previous issue: 09/14/14) –
In This Issue:
- About VPN
- Newsletter Editor/Publisher’s Note
- Writing Assignments/Suggestions/Exercises/Prompts
- Chard deNiord, the New Vermont Poet Laureate
- Daniel Lusk and Alexis Lathem’s Newest Books
- Neil Shepard’s Latest Release
- 11th Annual Burlington Book Festival & Grace Paley Poetry Series
- Brattleboro Literary Festival & Galway Kinnell Tribute
- Richard Blanco at Middlebury College
- Local Verse: Danny Dover
- Green Mountain Poets House, Call for Poetry Books
- Lampshade Poetry, Literally!
- Writers’ Barn, Shelburne
- Remembering Galway Kinnell
- Paul Christensen’s Latest Release
- Chickadee Chaps & Broads Broadside Winner, Samn Stockwell
- James Hayford, Sr. & Jr.
- So Many Poets to Keep in Our Memory!
- National Poetry Month From the Edutopia Vault
- Is Poetry Dead?
- Sun Dog Poetry Center
- Bringing a Daughter Back from the Brink with Poems
- Vermont State Poet Laureate Sydney Lea’s 2015 Calendar
- Great Poetry Links: Top 100 Poetry Blogs
- Poetry Quote – Edgar Allen Poe
- Unforgettable Literary Web Sites
- US Poets Laureate List
- Vermont Poet Laureates
- US Poet Laureates From Vermont
- New Hampshire Poet Laureates
- US Poet Laureates From New Hampshire
- Contact Info for Editor/Publisher of VPN: Ron Lewis
- Vermont Literary Journals
- Vermont Literary Groups’ Anthologies
- Vermont Poetry Blogs
- State Poetry Society (PSOV)
- Year-Round Poetry Workshops in Vermont
- Other Poetry Workshops in Vermont
- Year-Round Poetry Writing Centers in Vermont
- Other: By Correspondence
- Other Writing Groups in Vermont
- Poetry Event Calendar
1.) About the Vermont Poetry Newsletter Network
The Vermont Poetry Newsletter Network is made up of people of all backgrounds, ages and skills who appreciate the craft of poetry and want to promote it in the beautiful state of Vermont. The network consists of a free e-mail list, an eventual web site, workshops, open mics, poetry performances and other literary events. The network provides opportunities to meet local poets, talk about and enjoy poetry, and motivate and inspire yourself in whatever writing projects you are involved.
The mission of the Vermont Poetry Newsletter is to foster the poetry arts community in the Green Mountain State, home to more writers and poets per capita than any other state in the nation. Its goals are to serve as a resource for and about VT poets; to support the development of individual poets; and to encourage an audience for poetry in Vermont.
Dating from 2009, the Vermont Poetry Newsletters are being archived on a blog maintained by poet Patrick Gillespie at Poemshape.