Vermont Poetry Newsletter
Your Poetry & Spoken Word Gateway in the Green Mountain State
April 20, 2010 (Previous issue: 03/25) – In This Issue:
- About VPN/How To Print
- Newsletter Editor’s Note
- Writing Assignment/Suggestion/Exercise/Prompt
- Arab Idol: Veiled Woman Rises In TV Poetry Contest
- Montpelier Art Walk & Poetry Alive!
- Post Your Poetry
- Special Poetry Sale
- Between Ordinary and Ecstatic
- Gary Margolis New Book: Below the Falls
- Inkblot Complex Poetry Workshop
- League of Vermont Writers Spring Workshop
- PSOV Spring Luncheon
- Vermont Poets Daniel Lusk and Angela Patten
- League of VT Writers: David Weinstock Writing Workshop
- Statement For A Television Program – Denise Levertov
- Ed Carvalho’s Interview with Ron Slate
- Tehran Halts Travel by Poet
- Did You Know? Frost Place Conference on Teaching Poetry
- Ponderings: Poetry Posts
- Poetry Quote – Carl Sandburg
- Failbetter Poem
- Linebreak Poem
- Copper Canyon Press Poem
- American Life in Poetry Poems
- US Poets Laureate List
- Vermont Poet Laureates
- US Poet Laureates From Vermont
- New Hampshire Poet Laureates
- US Poet Laureates From New Hampshire
- Contact Info for Publisher of VPN: Ron Lewis
- Vermont Literary Journals
- Vermont Literary Groups’ Anthologies
- Vermont Poetry Blogs
- State Poetry Society (PSOV)
- Year-Round Poetry Workshops in Vermont
- Other Poetry Workshops in Vermont
- Year-Round Poetry Writing Centers in Vermont
- Other Writing Groups in Vermont
- Poetry Event Calendar
1.) About the Vermont Poetry Newsletter Network
The Vermont Poetry Newsletter Network is made up of people of all backgrounds, ages and skills who appreciate the craft of poetry and want to promote it in the beautiful state of Vermont. The network consists of a free e-mail list, an eventual web site, workshops, open mics, poetry performances and other literary events. The network provides opportunities to meet local poets, talk about and enjoy poetry, and motivate and inspire yourself in whatever writing projects you are involved.
The mission of the Vermont Poetry Newsletter is to foster the poetry arts community in the Green Mountain State. Its goals are to serve as a resource for and about VT poets; to support the development of individual poets; and to encourage an audience for poetry in Vermont.
2.) Dear Friends of Poetry:
It was nice to hear from several of you these past weeks on the new look to the Vermont Poetry Newsletter, since it’s now permanently a part of Patrick Gillespie’s poetry blog: https://poemshape.wordpress.com/.
I would encourage most of you to get out there and take in some of the poetry readings this month. As you can see on the Poetry Event Calendar (at the bottom of the Vermont Poetry Calendar), there is a wealth of readings in these green hills. As a note, you will find the identical information about these readings on another poetry calendar: Poetz.com. I am the Curator of that site, and it’s an easy way to see what’s going on, what’s coming up, and what you might have missed!
I could have placed additional interesting information in this newsletter for you, but with all the events, I didn’t want to delay any longer for fear of you missing out on something of interest. So here you are!
Have a great National Poetry Month.